Terms and Conditions
Last Modified: May 22, 2020
1. Acceptance of Terms
Welcome, and thank you for visiting www.bp-int.com (“Website” or “Site”). The Website is owned and operated by BPI: Business Psychology International, a Company formed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands.
Any reference in these Terms and Conditions to “You,” “Your,” or “User” refers to the person who accesses the Website, and any reference to “the Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our” refers to BPI: Business Psychology International.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE TERMS BEFORE PROCEEDING TO USE THE WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE.
2. Additional Terms
The Company reserves the right to offer Services that may require you to agree to additional terms and conditions than those stated hereunder. By proceeding to use such Services, you expressly agree to abide by such additional terms.
Our Website is not targeted at users who are under the age of eighteen (18) years or otherwise considered a minor in their current jurisdiction. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age or considered a minor by your local laws, you may not use our Website.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN YEARS.
You agree that you will use the Website in accordance with this Agreement and in compliance with your local applicable law and regulations.
4. Information Disclaimer
ALL INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY, AND IT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION WITH THE COMPANY.
ALTHOUGH THE COMPANY MAKES ITS BEST EFFORT TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS CORRECT, COMPLETE AND CURRENT, WE CANNOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEES THAT THERE WILL BE NO ERRORS OR OMISSIONS.
THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO USERS; HOWEVER, THE COMPANY IS NOT UNDER ANY LEGAL OBLIGATION TO DO SO. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, OUTDATED OR INACCURATE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE. IF YOU IDENTIFY ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, PLEASE NOTIFY US THROUGH THE CONTACT FORM ON OUR WEBSITE AND PROVIDE US THE LINK TO THE PAGE WHERE YOU FOUND THE ERROR.
ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY NATURE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING STATUTORY WARRANTIES. ACCORDINGLY, ANY DECISION YOU TAKE BASED ON ANY INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
5. Intellectual Property
All text, images, audio, video, logos, trademarks, code, software, interactive features, and the like (“Company Content”) available on the Website is owned by the Company or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, and applicable laws and conventions. You may only use the Company Content for your personal and non-commercial use. You are strictly prohibited from removing or modifying any copyright notices, trademarks, or other similar intellectual property notices from any Company Content. You may not copy, sell, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, transmit, perform, license, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of any Company Content without our express written consent.
The Company and its licensors grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Company Content for your personal and non-commercial use only.
All trademarks, signs and logos on the Website are either owned by the Company, or its licensors who retain full ownership in their respective intellectual property. Any use of such proprietary intellectual property without the express written consent of its respective owner is strictly prohibited.
6. Reporting Copyright Disputes
If you believe that your copyrighted content is posted, uploaded or made accessible through the Website without your authorization, please inform us at email@example.com and provide us with the following information:
- Identification of the content that is claimed to be infringing your copyrighted works;
- Your contact information including your name, phone number, and email address;
- A written and signed statement by you setting out that you are either the owner of the copyrighted work or have been authorized by the owner to communicate with us regarding the copyright infringement;
- A statement by you confirming all the information provided by you is bona fide true.
We will respond to copyright disputes within twenty business days. We are unable to offer you any assurances of the time it would take for a full investigation, but we will make our best effort to avoid any undue delays.
From time to time, we may be required to carry out scheduled or unscheduled Website maintenance, including but not limited to testing, repairs, upgrades, and other similar tasks. Under such circumstances, we may have to deactivate or suspend Users access to the Website temporarily. The Company shall not be liable to indemnify any User for any loss, damage, costs or an expense that the User may suffer or incur, as a result of such deactivation or/and suspension.
The Company reserves the right to add new Website features and functionality, modify any existing features as well as amend any provision of this Agreement. Any changes in features and functionality will become effective from the date of implementation on the Website. If we make any amendments to any provision of this Agreement, we will notify you by updating the last modified date on the top of the web page where these Terms appear. It is solely your responsibility to review these Terms periodically. The Company will not assume any liability arising from your failure to review the Terms.
9. Acceptable Use Policy
By accessing the Website, you expressly agree that:
- You will not use the Website for conducting any unlawful, illegal or prohibited activity;
- You will only use the Website in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- You will not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Website;
- You will not use any robot, spider, site scraping/retrieval application or any other automated routines in order to scrape any data/information from any part of the Website;
- You will not reformat or frame any portion of the Website without the express written consent of the Company, which may be declined in our sole discretion;
- You will not attempt to gain access to any unauthorised areas of the Website through any illegal means including hacking or other similar means;
- You will not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any other security measures implemented by the Company;
- You will not use any software, device or routine that interferes or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Website or any other users’ use of our Website;
- You will not post or submit any content or material on any Website, that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by the Company;
- You will not upload, distribute or publish any User Content on the website that is confidential, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, violates anyone’s privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- You will not impersonate another person when using the Website or contacting the Company;
- You will not take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
If we discover that you have violated any of the aforementioned terms, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action to ensure the safety of our Website and Users.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE BASIS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ADVICE AND SHALL NOT CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES THAT ARE NOT EXPRESSLY REFERENCED HEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, AND COMPLETELY SECURE;
- ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE; OR
- ANY INFORMATION/USER CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, ADEQUATE, CORRECT, CURRENT, COMPLETE, USEFUL, RELIABLE OR ERROR-FREE.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL ACT TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE WEBSITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR FREE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY, ITS SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND SUBCONTRACTORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER DISPUTE ARISING FROM OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY ASPECT OF THE WEBSITE OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY, ITS DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES AND PROVIDERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO THE COMPANY IN THE SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRECEDING THE MONTH WHEN THE CLAIM FIRST AROSE. YOU ACCEPT THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE COMPANY, FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE MUST BE BROUGHT BY THE USER WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE WHEN THE CLAIM FIRST AROSE. ANY FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE USER TO BRING THE CLAIM WITHIN ONE YEAR WILL RESULT IN WAIVER OF USER’S RIGHT TO BRING SUCH ACTION AT A LATER STAGE.
You agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company and its directors, affiliates, employees, service providers and agents from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, arising as a result of:
(i) Your use of the website and/or any breach of these Terms by you;
(ii) the violation of any applicable laws by you, or
(iii) the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
The Company reserves the right, at its own expense to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification. You agree that you will not settle any claim without the express written consent of the Company.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws. Any disputes between the Parties shall be brought before the competent Netherlands Court.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms, or if you wish to contact us with any other requests, you can easily do so through the contact form on our Website.
14. Force Majeure
Neither the Company nor the User will be held liable for failure to perform any of its obligations towards the other if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disasters), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or any interruption or any failure of electricity or server, system, computer, internet or telephone service.